Back to School in Bayonnais
Though school is out for the summer, our ICDM school campus in Bayonnais is a busy place!
From mid-July to the end of August, we organize VBS and other activities for our students during their summer break. Five days a week, they gather on campus to learn about God’s word, play soccer and other games, and take part in a variety of social and cultural activities. Each day, they receive a nourishing meal of rice and beans to help them survive the summer with strong bodies and minds.
Many families in Bayonnais have five or more children, and some as many as ten. With no job and no income, these families live every day in the jaws of poverty. Parents have two primary concerns:
- How can they get enough food for their children?
- Where can they find enough money for school uniforms, shoes and school supplies for their children to go to school?
Would you consider helping with our Back-to-School Program? Would you help a family in Bayonnais with their back-to-school expenses?
- $40 will buy books and school supplies for a student
- $20 will help buy a school uniform for one child
- $15 will buy a pair of shoes
- $10 will provide 20 meals for one child for a month
While you are school shopping for your own child this month, would you also help with school shopping for a Haitian child?
To make a secure donation online, click here, designate how you want your gift to be used, and fill in the amount. Or send a check to ICDM, PO Box 762, Intercession City FL 33848. Please indicate in the memo line how you want your donation to be used.
Thank you so much, and God bless you!