1/24/2013: In Memoriam
Dear Friend of ICDM:
With profound sadness I write to tell you that Faustin Pierre, the director of our school in Bayonnais, Haiti, succumbed to kidney failure and died on January 22, 2013. He was 41 years old, and leaves his wife, Julienne, three sons, Jimslet, age 19, Jimspsy, 17, and Djindy, 23, and daughter Djina, age 9.
Though we know that Faustin is with the Lord, we deeply grieve the loss to the family, to ICDM and to our school in Bayonnais. Faustin gave over 20 years of his short life serving the people of Bayonnais in Jesus' name. His wisdom and "savoir faire" helped to make ICDM what it is today. He is my sibling and a dear partner with me in the gospel. I will forever miss him.
Faustin was diagnosed with kidney failure in March 2012 and underwent several months of dialysis three times a week. Everything seemed to be going well, and he was back at the school this January. He even attended our International Mission Mobilization Conference last week, January 14-18. He left to get his dialysis treatment on Friday, became critically ill and went to the hospital on Saturday, and died there on Monday night in the arms of his wife.
Faustin had no medical insurance. His illness has robbed his family of all financial means and left them $20,000 in debt. His last concerns and cry were about his children's education. I am relaying his concerns to you today. Please pray and consider how God would lead you to help free his wife and children from these debts and establish an ongoing legacy in Faustin's memory.
Leadership is already in place to make sure the school will go on without interruption as it has during Faustin's illness.
Here are three ways you may choose to help:
- Instead of flowers, send contributions to the Medical Fund to help pay the bills.
- Contribute to the Education Fund for Faustin's four children. The eldest son hopes to go to college next year to study for a professional career.
- Contribute to a Memorial Fund for the ongoing ministry of our ICDM School in Bayonnais.
We offer you two ways to give:
- Through this website. Click "Donate," then, under "Please apply my donation to...," click "Other" and designate "Faustin Medical," "Education Fund," or "Memorial Fund."
- By check to ICDM, PO Box 762, Intercession City FL 33848. In the memo line, designate "Faustin Medical," "Education Fund," or "Memorial Fund."
Thank you for responding as God leads, and may He richly bless you.